The competitions can be reached via the Competitions menu option.
This page lists all of the Competitions within a Season. The Season selector is on the left side, below the page heading.
Click the green Add button to the right to begin creating a competition.
The next page allows you to enter:
- Name of competition
- This is seen by members
- A competition must belong to a season, however the matches can be booked outside of the chosen season's start and end date
- This simply controls the colour of the matches on the calendar and helps with reporting
- This allows the Touchscreen Diary feature to categorise the Competitions.
- Double-sessions option
- Enabling this means when you book a match, the system automatically reserves the slot on the same rink on the next session
- Display pairs
- On doubles competitions, this will display the team secretary name and the first selected Other player.
The next page shows the team list, which is always empty to begin with.
Click the green Add Team button to the right to get started with teams.
The next page is seen every time you add a new team. The minimum a team needs is a single player, which must be designated as Team Secretary (Captain, Leader).
Clicking the selector here reveals a member list which can be scrolled:
However, it is much quicker to begin typing a member's name or member number:
Use the keyboard's Enter/Return key or click the member you require to make the selection.
The same can be done for any extra members required using the selectors on the right side:
If you save now using the Save button on the bottom right of the page, the Team Secretary's name will be used throughout the system.
However, if you use team names for competitions, simply enter the team name on the Team Name field on the top left and it'll be used instead of the Team Secretary's name.
Repeat this process to add as many teams as is required.
When you are finished, click the Competitions menu option at the top to return to the list.
When a competition has a valid number of teams (More than 4, up to 128), a Start button appears.
This button prompts a warning:
Click OK to confirm that you are happy with the number of teams and the system will randomise the first round matches and the main competition page appears.
See other articles in the Managing competitions section for more features.